Wild Cat IslandEdit
- And did those hands in ancient time
- dip into Coniston's waters blue?
- And was the Terror of the Seas
- some Coniston neighbour's girl he knew?
- Did Kanchenjunga's stony face
- stand out above those purple moors?
- Was Wild Cat Island realy real,
- set in that great skyline of hills?
- Bring me my boat with brown-tanned sail,
- bring me my arrows with green tips,
- bring all our gear: O tents, unfold!
- Bring lanterns for approaching ships.
- I will not seek authentic sites:
- wherever Nature's close at hand,
- there in our hearts is Wild Cat Island
- in Ransome's green and pleasant land.