Logo of Arthur Ransome Wiki, uploaded by Nankai 22:17, 25 July 2008 (UTC)
Text licensed under GFDL.
Background image id detail from AR map.
- My fair use rationale: I uploaded this particular image because the compass rose depicts the themes of navigation and exploration in AR's novels and therefore serves to illustrate the subject matter of the Arthur ransome Wiki.
- Source: PM endpaper map
- Copyright information: (c) AR
- · · — You are standing into danger, so look out: this is a copyright image
This image is one of the pen-and-ink sketches of Arthur Ransome or a sample, crop or adaptation of one of his sketches. The copyright for the original work is controlled by Arthur Ransome's executors and publishers.
Use of small, low-resolution images of Arthur Ransome's pen-and-ink sketches to illustrate:
- the copyrighted book character(s) or places or objects or scenes(s) or storyline(s) in the sketch in question;
- where no free alternative exists or can be created,
- on Arthur Ransome Wiki hosted on servers in the United States by Wikia.com,
qualifies as fair use under United States copyright law. Any other uses of this image may be copyright infringement. See Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Non-free content Wikipedia:Wikipedia:copyright for more information.
To the uploader
At each and every instance of uploading of Arthur Ransome pen-and-ink sketches, please give:
- in your own words, an explanation why this particular file needs to be uploaded (this is called "fair use rationale")
- the source of the work
Crop the image so that you are only showing the subject matter of the article you are illustrating (eg Nancy out of a crowd shot).
Shrink the image to the smallest size where it is still viewable, maybe 300 pixels wide.
The image must be provided as a primary means of visual identification of the subject, not merely as decoration.
Do not upload high-resolution, high quality
Arthur Ransome Wiki must not become a source of high quality artwork; that is a job for Arthur Ransome's publishers and literary executors.