Note: two statements of fair use accompany this image: its use as a logo of The Arthur Ransome Society and its origins ans a sketch by Arthur Ransome.
This is a logo of an organisation and is protected by copyright and/or trademark. The use of low-resolution images on the Arthur Ransome Wiki, hosted on servers in the United States by Wikia.com, of logos for certain uses involving identification and critical commentary qualifies as fair use under United States copyright law. Any other uses of this image may be copyright infringement. Certain commercial use of this image may also be trademark infringement.
This logo is subject to copyright. Use of this logo here is fair use as:
- is the primary means of visual identification of the subject of the article The Arthur Ransome Society
Note: Use of this logo on pages of Arthur Ransome Wiki other than the article The Arthur Ransome Society may be a breach of US copyright law
- a copyright-free source of this logo is unobtainable
- its use is for educational purposes
- its use here will not harm the copyright owner
The logo was downloaded from arthur-ransome.org by user:Nankai 04:38, 19 September 2007 (UTC)
- · · — You are standing into danger, so look out: this is a copyright image
This image is one of the pen-and-ink sketches of Arthur Ransome or a sample, crop or adaptation of one of his sketches. The copyright for the original work is controlled by Arthur Ransome's executors and publishers.
Use of small, low-resolution images of Arthur Ransome's pen-and-ink sketches to illustrate:
- the copyrighted book character(s) or places or objects or scenes(s) or storyline(s) in the sketch in question;
- where no free alternative exists or can be created,
- on Arthur Ransome Wiki hosted on servers in the United States by Wikia.com,
qualifies as fair use under United States copyright law. Any other uses of this image may be copyright infringement. See Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Non-free content Wikipedia:Wikipedia:copyright for more information.
To the uploader
At each and every instance of uploading of Arthur Ransome pen-and-ink sketches, please give:
- in your own words, an explanation why this particular file needs to be uploaded (this is called "fair use rationale")
- the source of the work
Crop the image so that you are only showing the subject matter of the article you are illustrating (eg Nancy out of a crowd shot).
Shrink the image to the smallest size where it is still viewable, maybe 300 pixels wide.
The image must be provided as a primary means of visual identification of the subject, not merely as decoration.
Do not upload high-resolution, high quality
Arthur Ransome Wiki must not become a source of high quality artwork; that is a job for Arthur Ransome's publishers and literary executors.
Appears on these pages
The Arthur Ransome Society, also known by its acronym Tars, and whose members refer to...
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||21:01, November 30, 2008||155 × 100 (6 KB)||Nankai||This is a logo of an organisation and is protected by copyright and/or trademark. It is believed that the use of low-resolution images on the Arthur Ransome Wiki, hosted on servers in the United States by Wikia.com, of logos for certain uses involving ide|